Job Title: Accountant/HR Coordinator
Reports to: CFO
Who we are
Austin Habitat for Humanity (AHFH) is a non-profit corporation dedicated to ending the cycle of poverty housing in the Austin area. AHFH believes everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to live. AHFH was incorporated in 1985 and is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global, non-profit housing corporation founded in 1976.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Finance team reporting to the CFO, the Accountant/HR Coordinator will assist in preparation of the monthly financial statements for both internal and external users, assist in the preparation of management reporting and ensure policies and procedures are followed. In addition:
- Manage accounts receivable, invoicing and recording of payments and deposits
- Deposit receipts to appropriate bank accounts
- Perform banking transactions, including wiring and transferring funds
- Manage accounts payable, processing and recording of vendor payments, company credit cards transactions, etc. in compliance with GAAP standards, contract and grant requirements
- Generate 1099's and W-2's
- Manage payroll, on boarding and employee benefits programs, including insurance and 401(k) transactions and enrollments
- Maintain HR files
- Assist CFO with risk management program and insurance claims
- Assist CFO with preparation of audit documents and tax returns
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position is full-time (40 Hours per week) working Monday through Friday, with some weekends or after hours work periodically during the year. Conditions and benefits are contained in the Employee Manual.
- A commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about workload and organizational issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
Who you are
- Associate’s degree with significant coursework in accounting, business or related field.
- Work experience in accounting may be substituted to meet the education requirement.
- 5 years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and employee benefits.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- May be required to be Notary Public
- Exceptional attention to detail, confidentiality and the ability to produce high quality work
- Preferred Experience: Great Plains/MS Dynamics
Perks & Benefits
- Amazing company culture, we don’t just talk about values – we live them
- Generous benefits package including vacation and sick leave, health, dental, life insurance, 401k etc.
- We honor prior years of service with non profits
- Attractive open office environment in a newly renovated building in South Austin (close to Downtown)
- Onsite parking and employee discount at ReStore
- Competitive salary
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER